- Have BIG Goals. “Average goal-setting techniques create average results, Khoshbinn warns. He says you need to be more aggressive in charting exactly where you want to be in 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 years. “Set goals you can 100 percent commit to each year, and then stick to them.”
- Make a Plan. “You can’t drive from point A to B if you can’t see where you’re going,” Khoshbin says. So plan every step of the journey to achieving each one of your 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 year goals.
- Learn from the Best. To get to the top, you must become really good at what you do. Surround yourself with successful, like-minded people and learn everything that you can about your business. Experts aren’t born, they’re made, which means you can become an expert at whatever you choose.
- Check in Every Week. Once a week sit down with your goal list and see if you’re on the right path. Make adjustments, decide what needs to be done and let your subconscious find the solutions and paths to achieving your goals throughout the week.
- Be Stubborn. Too many people give up before they reach their goal. Remind yourself daily on why you are doing this in the first place.
You might want to write out your big “Why” and tack it to the wall in front of your desk, to be reminded daily of why you are working hard to achieve your dreams.
One last note: If a Kmart stock boy can become a multi-millionaire… what can you accomplish?